Reasons To Lease A Ford
Ford vehicles remain very popular lease options, especially as they offer good value for money. With an excellent range of vehicles to choose from, the brand remains highly recognised and respected worldwide. Not sure if a Ford is the right lease car for you though? Well, read on to find out.
- Firstly, Ford has an extensive history dating back to 1903. This iconic brand remains prevalent within the automotive industry and is trusted by many. As a result, people often choose a Ford vehicle again and again.
- Ford offer an excellent range of commercial vehicles, including the iconic Ford Ranger pickup. We find that the Ford Ranger is a highly desirable option in this market as it’s a reliable and robust vehicle. Ford commercial vehicles are great business lease options, meeting all your business demands.
- Ford also offer a great selection of family cars such as the Ford Mondeo and Ford Focus. Whether you would like a hatchback, SUV or estate car, Ford has the ideal solution for your family. For bigger families, the Ford Galaxy is a large 7-seater MPV offering a versatile and spacious interior.
- A Ford lease enables you to drive a highly recognised and desirable vehicle. With excellent features, comfort and affordability, it’s easy to see why Ford vehicles are award-winning and well-liked. At GB Vehicle Leasing, we have highly competitive rates on Ford lease deals so get in touch with us today.
- If you’re keen to opt for an electric vehicle, then Ford have a good selection of electric cars and vans available. In particular, the Ford Mustang Mach-E is Ford’s first all-electric SUV. This electric car has impressive range capability, as well as easy and cost-effective charging options. Also, Ford is continuing to expand their range and a new electric Transit is coming in 2022. So, is it time to lease an electric vehicle?
- Ford vehicles also have a great reputation for offering value for money. With excellent standard equipment and safety features, drivers can feel comfortable driving a Ford vehicle. The vehicle range has a car for almost every budget.
- Ford has a strong focus on producing safe vehicles which have advanced safety features. As more models are added to Ford’s line-up and technology advances, the list of safety features available also increases.
The History of Ford
Ford Motor Company, typically referred to as Ford, has an extensive history when it comes to producing vehicles. With a history dating back nearly 120 years, Ford has become highly recognised and successful worldwide. Today, this iconic brand remains prevalent within the automotive industry as one of the world’s largest automakers. That said, read on to find out how Ford has evolved and expanded over the years.
Once upon a time
Ford’s story started in 1903 when the company was founded by Henry Ford and the first Ford Model A was sold. However, Henry Ford had long had a passion for mechanical things and first built the Quadricycle in 1896. This was the start of his dream to produce reliable and affordable vehicles.
By October 1903 the company had made a $37,000 profit and Ford’s first international plant in Walkerville opened. During the next decade, Ford continued to expand, overseas sales had begun, and new cars were introduced such as Henry Ford’s Model T. It seemed there was no stopping this automaker as it continued to grow from strength to strength. Then in 1917, the first Ford truck was produced, known as the Ford Model TT. These early days were crucial in the ultimate success of Ford as a gap in the market for affordable vehicles was clearly established.
Here’s a brief look at Henry Ford’s life before Ford Motor Company.
Born in Springwells Township, Michigan in 1863, Henry Ford was the eldest child in his family. From an early age, he developed an interest in mechanics and build his first steam engine at just 15 years old. Henry Ford later worked as a machinist’s apprentice, building on his existing passion. By 1893, he had built a career as an engineer, whilst also starting a family with his wife, Clara Jane Bryant of Greenfield, Michigan. It wasn’t until June 1896 that Henry Ford finished developing the first Ford car but then 3 years later, he resigned from his chief engineer job.
During World War I and World War 2, Ford helped the military by producing aircrafts and vehicles for them to use. At one point, Ford even made the decision to stop civilian vehicle production in order to focus all resources on military vehicles. For example, in 1941, Ford constructed the Will Run Plant so they could produce the B-24 Liberator military aircrafts. Throughout these wars, Ford produced hundreds of thousands of military vehicles for defence such as tanks, jeeps and even boats. Nowadays, Ford have a scheme in place so Military and Diplomatic personnel can buy a Ford vehicle VAT free if you meet the criteria.
In particular, the Ford Fiesta is one of Ford’s flagship models. With a history dating back to the 70s, the Fiesta is recognised as one of the best-value small cars available. It didn’t take long for this Ford car to become desirable and by 1980 over a million had been sold. Despite various facelifts, Ford has always ensured the Ford Fiesta remains an affordable and practical car which appeals to a wide audience.
So, what else make this small Ford car so popular? Well, Ford clearly made safety paramount when designing the Ford Fiesta, closely followed by ensuring a range of highly fuel-efficient engine options are available. The latest Ford Fiesta is available with mild hybrid technology. This helps to increase fuel economy, as well as lower emissions which is better for the environment. Furthermore, when designing the latest Fiesta, Ford optimised all of the space in this five-seater. Various stowage spaces are available in this car which can come in handy.
With an excellent range of vehicles to choose from, Ford remains highly recognised worldwide. Here are just some of the main reasons to consider a Ford vehicle. To discuss leasing a Ford car, please call GB Vehicle Leasing on 0161 667 5338 or email us at [email protected].
Latest Ford News
The Ford Fiesta is one of our favourite supermini cars for sale today. With a history dating back to the 70s, the Fiesta is recognised as one of the best-value small cars available. But what makes it stand out from other rivals like the Renault Clio? Read our full Ford Fiesta review to find out.