Reasons To Choose A Volvo Car
- Firstly, Volvo is renowned for producing safe, quality cars. The company has a strong focus on safety and throughout the years has become world-leading in this field. In fact, Volvo has been involved in the invention of several main car safety measurements. For example, it was one of Volvo’s engineers who invented the three-point car safety belt in 1959.
- Not only are Volvo cars safe, they also particularly appeal as family cars. For example, if you’re looking for a large SUV with seven-seats and class-leading practicality, then a Volvo XC90 might be perfect for you as your next Volvo car lease. The XC90 is currently one of the leading SUVs on the market and has a choice of petrol, diesel or plug-in hybrid engines.
- A Volvo lease enables you to drive a highly recognised and desirable car from a reputable company. With advanced tech and features in these fantastic cars, it’s easy to see why Volvo cars are award-winning and well-liked. At GB Vehicle Leasing, we have highly competitive rates on Volvo lease deals.
- All Volvo cars are designed for modern life. Volvo’s model line-up has been refined over the years to incorporate new innovative features. This means with a Volvo car you can drive a highly desirable car with the latest tech.
- Volvo cars are luxurious and classy inside. High quality materials are used throughout which allows for a comfortable ride. We think Volvo’s model line-up is beautifully designed and the cars are well-built.
- Volvo are committed to growing its range of hybrid and fully electric cars. Currently, Volvo offers various plug-in hybrid options. Plus, the brand’s introduction of fully electric cars has started with its first fully electric SUV – the Volvo XC40 Recharge.
Volvo plan to go fully electric by 2030
Swedish firm, Volvo, has announced plans to go fully electric on all their models by 2030. The aim is to phase out combustion engined vehicles, as the demand for electric vehicles continues to rapidly accelerate. Similar announcements have also been made by other car manufacturers such as Ford and with an early target of 2025, Jaguar. This is a bold step forward in the automotive industry and some critics are left wondering if we are ready for this. In addition to this, Volvo has also announced plans to start only selling their cars online. This is an ambitious and optimistic goal of the brand. However, it shows Volvo is following with the times as online purchases becoming increasingly popular. We wonder if this will prompt other manufacturers to follow and sell solely online.
Why Should We Buy Cars Online?
One of the main advantages of buying a car online is that online purchasing provides you with a wide range of choices with just one click. Also, all the information that customers should know before deciding to buy a car is provided in detailed analysis with a full break down of features, interior and exterior.
Car dealers will most often try to sell you the car they want you to buy instead of the car you really want. Whereas online shopping gives you the advantage of comparing makes of different cars and then you can decide on what type of car you want to buy, even before you go ahead with your purchase.
A Brief History of Volvo
In 1927, the first ever Volvo car was produced and released from their factory in Sweden. The car was called the OV4 and this was the start of a long future ahead for the brand. Another major event in Volvo’s history was the introduction of the three point safety belt in 1959. This was made by Volvo’s engineer, Nils Bohlin, and was first introduced in the Volvo PV544. Over the years, Volvo has become renowned for being the leader in automotive safety. Today, the brand is owned by Chinese automotive giant, Geely, and remains a highly successful company.
Volvo’s plan to go fully electric shows their commitment to becoming a leading manufacturer for premium electric cars. The government recently announced a 2030 UK ban on new petrol and diesel cars. This was brought forward from 2035 as more funding is being made available for research into the zero-emissions market. The aim is to encourage more drivers to opt for low emissions vehicles, which in turn will help to improve the country’s air quality and reduce CO2 emissions from road transport.
Our pricing team work around the clock to provide the best Volvo lease deals available. Call us on 0161 667 5338 to discuss your Volvo leasing options. We are always happy to help and answer any questions you may have regarding leasing a vehicle.
Latest Volvo News
How much do you know about Volvo? Try our quiz see for yourself. There's only 10 questions to answer but this quiz isn't as easy as it may look a first glance. Try it here
First launched in 2017, the Volvo XC40 is a well-built, compact SUV with plenty of appeal. This Volvo car has received numerous awards since launch, including What Car? Family SUV of the Year 2021 for the Volvo XC40 T3 R-Design auto. Despite increasing competition in its class, the XC40 is Volvo’s best-selling model in the UK. So, what makes this a highly desirable SUV? Read our full Volvo XC40 review here.