Driving Etiquette on a Date
The modern world of dating can really drive some people around the bend. For many people, the desire to impress their date often leaves them feeling nervous. Can you relate to this? Well, here we’re looking at the dos and don’ts of driving etiquette on a date.
First Impressions Are Important
When dating it’s important to make a good first impression. Research has found that on average people form a first impression in less than 30 seconds! Therefore, here’s our top tips to help you make a good first impression when you arrive to pick up your date.
- Ensure you arrive on time to pick up your date. Both arriving late or too early could annoy your date (depending on the person).
- When you arrive to pick them up, don’t beep the horn to alert them or text to say you have arrived as this can often be a real bugbear.
- Park as close as possible to their address so they don’t have far to walk.
- Call me old fashioned, but when you arrive to pick up a female date, it’s good practice to greet your date, walk them to your car and open the door for them. We think most women would appreciate this.
Bad Habits Could Lead to Bad Impressions
A large percentage of people would openly admit that how their date drives can partly influence their impression of the person. Therefore, your etiquette whilst driving to the venue is also important. Below we have listed potential bad driving habits which could be a turn off for your date.
- Loud music which makes it difficult to hear each other talk.
- Texting or taking a phone call whilst driving. This is not only illegal (unless handsfree) but it’s also considered to be rude by many people.
- Driving too fast (or even too slow) could be a turn off for your date.
- Talking about your ex should be avoided unless you are asked about your last relationship.
- Road rage is another bad habit which could be a turn off.
- Getting lost on the way to the venue could be another turn off. This can be avoided by planning your journey beforehand.
We hope you find our top tips useful. However, of course the main thing is to enjoy your date and try to relax. If you enjoyed reading this, click here to read more of our blogs. Also, if you're looking for the ideal gift for your loved one then here's our suggestions.